Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stuff I Will Do In Public.

Here are the dance shots of the four songs I will be performing in OKC in October. Not surprisingly, I'm actually more concerned about learning these moves than I am about my graduate school midterms, my credit card debt, or the fact that I just ate three chalupas for my afternoon snack.



Morning Musume - Shouganai Yume Oibito. The song itself bores me to death even though from what I understand it's about a "Hopeless Dream Chaser" and "tears falling on your shirts as [I] iron them". Sounds almost like feminist fun! Except that the end message is "stick it out" instead of "overthrow your patriarchal relationship". The costumes are beautiful and easy to dance in so of course we won't be wearing them. The dance isn't bad, it mostly seems to involve pointing, a chicken flap and let me also point out that at 1:04 you get to put your arms around a girl and shimmy around her ribcage. Considering I'm taller than almost everyone involved in my group I guarantee I'll be doing the feeling up during that move.




Morning Musume - Nanchatte Renai. Why the hell are all Morning Musume's new singles so goddamn depressing? Best Line: "Replacing you would be as easy as buying a new TV set". I've already said that the costumes look nice, if not not breathable. I love the dance. I'm already singing SHOULDER SHOULDER BALLERINA RUN!!! while practicing. There's a lot of needless frolicking from place to place. There's also "the vogue", and something that reminds me of a early 20th century gold prospector checking out the Colorado River.

Also, guess who got a part "rapping"?



Berryz Koubou - Dakishimete Dakishimete. THERE ARE LASERS EVERYWHERE, WHAT ARE THEIR HANDS DOING?!?! It's probably the most difficult and interesting dance despite the fact the outfits are culture vomit. 2:54 is the best move and I look forward to showing it to my friends. I also like "punch the air" and "this building is on fire!"



Omakase Guardian - Guardians 4. If you can or can't tell it's a song for a children's anime that supposedly doesn't suck. That being said, the dance for the song features some strip club classics like everything that happens from 2:33 onward. There's also an unfortunate Hitler salute somewhere near the beginning. Also our outfits will have velcro on them, which is a new development. Apparently, after this song we're going to rip off the cloaks! Sounds age appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment